Roof Bug

Greg_NY61

Is that a bug? I was in perspective full overview and had the glass view on. I had the first floor with the roof. I went to build a new floor and you can see in glass full overview that it would only raise the ceiling and not add the second floor. If you undo, and select show roof on the floor above and you repeat the action >add second floor it will add the second floor no problem. 

Does X8 configured that way so in order to add another floor you must use the tool > display on floor above   before you add second floor or its just a bug?

Here is the picture and as you can see I have the second floor, everything is right but as you can see in full over view (glass view) it only raised the ceiling height.

After I did undo and deleted 2nd floor and used the tool > display on floor above and added the second floor, it worked fine. In the 3d picture I added some windows on the second floor and It looks like if you don't select the roof and use the tool prior to >display on floor above the 2nd floor drops down and as you can see the windows remain on the second floor

post-4069-0-92845500-1458991686_thumb.jpg

post-4069-0-09484200-1458991700_thumb.jpg

post-4069-0-85607900-1458991713_thumb.jpg

Greg,

That all looks normal to me.

I don't believe the glasshouse view has anything to do with what you are seeing - it is the same in any 3D view type.

When you build the second floor, it gets built, but the roof is stopping the walls from building up - the roofs cut the walls.

If it were me, right from the start, I would turn on Auto Rebuild Roofs.

Then when you build the second floor, the roofs will build correctly on top of the second floor and the ones on the level 1 will be deleted.

Or, alternatively, delete the existing roofs and rebuild them after building the second floor.

Or, do what you did - that way works because when you moved the roofs up, they went to the Attic level and then you built the second floor under the Attic level.

Although I would normally display the roof on the floor level directly under the roofs. In this case, I would show the roof on level 2 - not on the Attic level.

Good to see things are working correctly.

Thank you Glenn, you beat me to it...

That was the issue, I never have Auto Rebuilt roofs on in the default settings. I usually do all the floors and roof would be the last thing to go in (as building a house) and this is why I never noticed that. Last night I was trying to do something and I had a split screen and when I added the floor I said WTF... LOL 

Thanks  for looking into that!