• Bath house with metal building structure of metal studs
  • need exterior gable walls to go to bottom of roof
  • need dropped 2'x2' layin 8 ft ht ceiling (mechanical needs to fit in attic) 
  • Need metal joists in Laundry room to span other direction toward restrooms.
  • Wall where toilets are will not change to have tile on the inside ?
  • Needs to be metal standing seam roof. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Chief Architect x8 

windows 8

Thanks,

Newell 

newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 

Bath House.plan

• Downvote 1

See my responses (in bold) below...

• need exterior gable walls to go to bottom of roof  You need to make the roof completely cover the wall for this to happen.
  • need dropped 2'x2' layin 8 ft ht ceiling (mechanical needs to fit in attic)  I must be missing something.  It looks like you already have this.
  • Need metal joists in Laundry room to span other direction toward restrooms.  Build>Framing>Joist Direction.  Drop one in plan running the correct direction.
  • Wall where toilets are will not change to have tile on the inside ?  This is because your wall definition has Insulation Air Gap as your main interior layer.  Delete that and you should be good to go.
  • Needs to be metal standing seam roof.  This is a lot more complex.  Not sure I want to take the time to go through this.  Not a quick and easy solution though.  As far as I know it pretty much has to be done manually.  I would probably either build another roof on top and only display the "framing" (standing seams) and ridge cap (might require making a symbol out of the roof) OR just use polyline solids.   

There is what looks like standing seam to me in the Lib.

It's not 3D though.

There is what looks like standing seam to me in the Lib.

It's not 3D though.

That's the real issue with standing seam roofing I think.  It is very 3D in nature.  If its not 3D, it simply doesn't look right. 

So can anyone help with these issues.

Did you read the responses in my first post?

• need exterior gable walls to go to bottom of roof
  • need dropped 2'x2' layin 8 ft ht ceiling (mechanical needs to fit in attic) 
  • Need metal joists in Laundry room to span other direction toward restrooms.
  • Wall where toilets are will not change to have tile on the inside ?
  • Needs to be metal standing seam roof.

1.  Build wall framing.

2.  Depending on which is in the correct position, either move the gable walls up to meet the roof or move the roof down to sit on the walls.

3.  Looks like you already have a dropped 8 ft. ceiling with laying panels as described (???).  Don't have a clue on your mechanicals which you haven't provided any information on!!!

4.  Edit your existing joists (lengths) in areas as needed.  You can make a copy of one of them, rotate 90° and then edit length/position as needed and make extra copies.

5.  Turn off main layer only for tiled partition walls; fix your outside wall definitions to include tile where needed.

7.  Change roof material to metal standing seam from library.

On your gable ends, you need to pull (drag) your roof planes out to match the outer face of your siding material before your attic gable walls will fill in correctly.

So can anyone help with these issues.

On your gable ends, you need to pull (drag) your roof planes out to match the outer face of your siding material before your attic gable walls will fill in correctly.

It seems like perhaps the responses I placed in bold inside the quoted OP in my first post were going unnoticed so I edited that post by just removing the "Quote box" (or whatever its called) to make them a little more clear. 

Michael:

I didn't see your post so I responded as shown.  I just copied and pasted the OP's points in question.  Been awhile since I tried using the quote box thingy.