Sign in to follow this  
ChiefChris1

SCHEDULE Questions

I bet this has been discussed quite a bit....but it not, here goes. 

HOW does CA order the items in a schedule?? 
And, is there a way to reset the schedule numbers so they make sense on the plan?
I don't want to do the schedule - to - text function because then the doors/windows etc aren't linked to the schedule anymore and do not update if they are changed. 

But, how do the number/labels on the schedule generate in reference to the plan?  Most recently, door #1 is on floor #2, then door #2 is on 1st floor...and it just jumps all over.  I see no reason or apparent function as to which items are numbered in which order when using the schedule tools

There are at least a couple ways to do this:

1.  Select the schedule and use the edit handles in the number column to move any given item up or down to where you want it on the list.

2.  Select the item and use the Move Down In Schedule or Move Up In Schedule tools (found in the edit toolbar).

You can click on the schedule then drag an item up or down to change it's number-if you have done a lot much adding/deleting of items in the schedule it's a good idea to right click-renumber schedule first so you only have to drag things once.

Can also set up schedules by room or floor if you need to.

post-85-0-65500400-1457368375_thumb.png

Well....for crying out loud.  HOW LONG have we been able to drag schedule items up or down??  How many releases ago did THAT feature happen? 

That's pretty stinkin awesome...I am hoping this is a new feature, because if it's not I am going to kick myself for the last 6+ years of scheduling.  :wacko:

Thanks Mike and Mark

Well....for crying out loud.  HOW LONG have we been able to drag schedule items up or down??  How many releases ago did THAT feature happen? 

That's pretty stinkin awesome...I am hoping this is a new feature, because if it's not I am going to kick myself for the last 6+ years of scheduling.  :wacko:

Thanks Mike and Mark

You bet,  and I hate to tell ya, but I think we've been able to do that for quite a few versions now.  I think we all have those little things though that it seems everyone but us has known about forever.