CBuserIndia

Importing Plan - Roomplanner Vs Home Designer

I am new to "Chief Architect Interior". I want to know if it is possible to import plan made in "Home Designer Interiors" in to "Chief Architect Interior"

Is it possible to create layout ( walls, doors, windows ) structure of the house in Home Designer Interiors & then zip project & import in to different machine which is running "Chief Architect Interior"

I have representatives at various locations who would like to send basic layout/plan & then central studio do all detailing.

I am aware Room Planner app allows to create plan which later on can be imported inside Chief Architect Interior. Read about it, but have not tried.

How do you guys compare "RoomPlanner" vs "Home Designer Interior" for achieving above goal.

Also if there are any other free/low-cost third party software suggestions to quickly create basic layouts which can be later pulled in to "Chief Architect Interior"

Thanks

it is my understanding the a plan created by any HD product can be imported into

Chief Interiors or Premiere

CI and CP should be able to set an edit flag and the HD product should be able to read/edit the plan

IF, the edit doesn't involve features the HD product doesn't support

you should contact CA's sales team to discuss your needs and workflow as they can best assist

I have no experience with room planner

I retired before it came

Lew

I want to know if it is possible to import plan made in "Home Designer Interiors" in to "Chief Architect Interior"

Is it possible to create layout ( walls, doors, windows ) structure of the house in Home Designer Interiors & then zip project & import in to different machine which is running "Chief Architect Interior"

How do you guys compare "RoomPlanner" vs "Home Designer Interior" for achieving above goal.

Yes, you can import files from Home Designer Interiors to Chief Architect Interiors.

With Room Planner, you can import walls, doors and windows into Chief Architect Interiors.  It does not import items like furniture, cabinets or materials.  Room Planner is mainly targeted to get as-built measurements for remodeling

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kBdesignND
    Newest Member
    kBdesignND

• By decorators3
      Hi 

I want to import a door into my program for a house build.. how do I go about it??
      Levina
      CA Premium 11
    • By DaveCoyleJr
      I was wondering if it was possible to somehow import an entire SketchUp full home model into chief and then break it down into a floor plan? I know that I can take plans and pdf trace them, however, I have a full model already done, I'd like to just use as my base. Is this even possible? I have the SketchUp DWG file as well if that helps.
    • By paulmmw7
      I’m thinking of making the switch to CA from 2020 v11. I’ve always been interested in the software. The simple things that CA seems to do so easily that are just so time consuming in 2020 such as wall dimensioned elevations, detailed professional notes, the renderings produced so easily are just light years ahead of 2020. I realize there have been many threads about the difference between them. If any of my concerns have already been spelled out in another thread or videos please copy the link in your response.

My current company hired me because of my 2020 skill set, but I've always believed that CA is the real program that can really blow the minds off any Higher end client.

Right now we export our finished 2020 layouts as a CSV. File then import it to a program that prices out all of our jobs (equilibrium). I’ve read that you could make a cabinet schedule and create a csv. File out of that? Doing this will be vital to making the leap, If so I’d love to find out more about that process. If this can be done it will put the owner of my company at ease. He will be opposed to this change simply because most of our cabinet Manuf. don't support CA with catalogs. I’m looking for reassurance from you guys that even though there is no Cab brand CA catalogs it is still easy enough to create door styles that are similar, cabinet colors will be easy to mimic.

The templates seem to be more user friendly as well as working within them, and I’d love to know if there is a video showing how to use them. I’ve attached a typical presentation that I give my customers w/2020. I’d love for someone to attach some examples of preferably kitchen jobs they’ve done for there customers w/ CA.

I'm 28 years old I've been using 2020 for 5 years I went to a vocational school where I used AutoCAD for about 3+ years since then have used updated versions of AC. So I want to believe it will be an easy transition.  Feel free to email me with any info in regards to major differences between the 2 programs or an sample layout presentation.

I look forward to hearing all of your different thoughts.
      Sample Plans.pdf
    • By ClausBollmann
      I am getting a Error message: "database disk image is malformed" while importing any SketchUp model .skp into Chief 19.3.1.7x64. Doesn't matter the .skp version.
      The funny fact is that even the models I had imported before were not able to be imported in this X9 version of Chief.
      So I open my old Chief X8 and I was able to import the same models I couldn't import into X9.
      Does anyone else are experiencing the same problems?

• By DCB123
      Users of Chief;

I am trying to figure out a way to import my AutoCAD files into Chief importing only the Title Block information
      so that I can export it into the layout sheets and set this up for the standard layouts that I will be using for this job from the architect
      primarily? I need a step by step procedure here please; you can email me or call me, or text me with your replies.
      I will eagerly await your replies.
      Thx,

DCB

Accurate Asbuilts & Designs
      Email: douglasburgmann@gmail.com
      (970)987-4476 cell
      1619-FINAL-TITLE.pdf
      1621-161024-1-T.pdf