Sign in to follow this  
Paul61

Editing Ceiling Planes

I need to create a series of triangular ceiling planes.  What I can't figure out is how to make one from the rectangular plane, or to create a triangular plane directly.  I can use break line on the edges, but can't delete a point.  I tried using edit object parts to delete a segment and then connect the remaining edges but it does not work on ceiling planes.  Am I missing something very basic like the ability to delete a vertex of a polyline object?

I need to create a series of triangular ceiling planes. What I can't figure out is how to make one from the rectangular plane, or to create a triangular plane directly. I can use break line on the edges, but can't delete a point. I tried using edit object parts to delete a segment and then connect the remaining edges but it does not work on ceiling planes. Am I missing something very basic like the ability to delete a vertex of a polyline object?

You should be able to just drag one of the nodes over to the other and it will essentially be deleted.

Have you tried dragging the triangle grab handles of the "point" you want to delete into a point you want to keep?

Here is a quick example. Does this answer the question?

(Alaska answered as I was making this vid - but he is thinking the same thing, but this is a quick demo)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefAKBuilder
    Newest Member
    ChiefAKBuilder

• By DRyeHD
      I've created a cathedral ceiling over a living room but cannot get the trusses to span across all of it.  Per the attachment, they begin properly at the back of the living room, cross the peak of the cathedral ceiling, then stop at a roof pitch change.  I've tried rejoining the roof planes and ceiling planes but am not able to figure out why the truss stops at the roof pitch change.  My truss top chord is 7 1/8" for insulation purposes. Any ideas or suggestions?  I will send the plan file if needed.

• By Sedona
      Hi,

I have been struggling with this for sometime.  I need to rotate the lot (including the dashed setback line) 10 degrees counter clockwise.  I can not find the correct grouping to accomplish it, this maybe related to how close the house sits next the the setback.   I start with rotating everything 10 degrees and the try to rotate just the house back to 90. Instead it also moves the setback with the house instead of keeping it 30’ from the property lines.

I have attached the file if anyone would be so kind as to give it a try or steps I should be taking.
      Thank you,

Doug

DK_165_B.plan
    • By Doug_N
      Lets say some really careless designer (ummm me... blush)  makes a mistake in an edit table.  How can it be edited? 
    • By LeeDrafter
      Hi All,
      I am trying to make a picture to show a customer a display shelf over a closet under a vaulted ceiling. The wall cut-outs appear in the ceiling plane above. How do I hide those wall markings so the ceiling appears as a solid plane without separate cut-outs above each room? I have attached a picture of what I'm talking about along with my plan file. I am working in X9.LOT 123 SPRING CREEK, SANFORD display shelf.planLOT 123 SPRING CREEK, SANFORD display shelf.plan
      Thank you!!

LOT 123 SPRING CREEK, SANFORD display shelf.zip
    • By BlackDiamond
      I am creating wall views for the interior designer and using the 'wall elevation' command under 3D. However it always shows a flat ceiling and doesn't show any vaults. Is there a way to accurately show the full gabled wall?