Most OnlineNewest Member
I am a few months in as a new user of CA. I am slowly learning the symbols, but I could really use some sort of cheat sheet or guide that shows the icon and the description of what it does. Does anything like that exist?
I use version X8 on a MacBook Pro.
Just wanted to share some installation instructions for the older Chief Architect 10 on newer Windows OS, including Windows 10 without using a virtual machine.
The instructions are the same for each OS.
Here are the steps to follow to install Chief Architect 10:
1. Install Chief 10 normally
Note: during the install it will complain about not being able to install the Aladdin Device driver - just click OK.
2. Download and install the Chief Architect 10.08b Full Update for Windows Vista (works with Windows 7/8/10)
Note: during the update it will complain about not being able to install the Aladdin Device driver just click ok.
3. A) Download and install the following HASP USB Key driver.
Sentinel HASP/LDK - Windows GUI Run-time Installer – required for HASP4 API older than v8.0
3. Optional - One user had a standalone key (Gray Label), that said "SafeNet Sentinel" on it and had to download and install a different USB Key driver:
Sentinel Driver v7.5.9 Sentinel SuperPro, UltraPro SentinelPro, SHK From:
4. Finish installation on first run of Chief - Right-click on Chief Architect 10 icon and choose "run as administrator".
Note: Right-click on the Chief icon and choosing to "run as administrator" for first run, this is not needed after finishing setup during the first run.
5. If it asks you when it starts up to check for updates for Chief, select No or Cancel since we've already done that by downloading the latest (and last) update for Cheif 10 in step 2 above.
Enjoy your version of Chief Architect 10 on Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7.