Terrain/building Issue

johnny

I'm having a bit of an issue on a current project I am working on where the lot is narrow and steep - and has a small 1-car garage up near the road, and the main house (very close to water) is a good 30'+ lower than the garage Fl elevation.

I've set my elevations with "real-world" settings (above MHWM), and so set my main house subfloor to 28'.  The Garage floor should be at 35' - since the real world elevation is 68' (28'-68'=35').  The garage with the terrain model looks correct, but I can't get the floor below the garage set at an elevation that makes any sense. 

Since i have a lower floor on the main house, does this mean my garage has to have a lower floor?  I'm really not understanding how I need to setup the floor of the garage being so different than the house.  If I manually enter info in the Dbx, it automatically changes other dimensions and I go in a circle.

Thanks for any help.

post-75-0-62488900-1455235563_thumb.jpg

Plan_remodel.plan

i'd start over

The terrain should ALWAYS be on the first floor.

Set the terrain and the features.

Then draw in first building - order not real important

draw second building and slab -- it will be shown below the terrain since everything start at 0 by default.

then remove default locks and add a plus ?? (ex. 0 +400) to the floor level field. this will raise the second building to the level you want.

will do a goto if you want?