Commercial Projects

GLOBE-Res

Does anyone here use Chief to do commercial buildings?

If so, what are the Pros and Cons to using Chief to do Commercial type projects?

I have some limited experience with Revit that from discussions with heavy users of Revit, that program has add-ons to do MEP as well as Structural, Civil etc.

It can be done, with caveats. The forum link in post #2 will give you an idea of some of the challenges. Our office has completed the following types of commercial projects in CA:

1. Tenant build-outs.

2. Exterior renovations.

3. Low-rise office/retail.

4. Restaurant.

5. Manufacturing buildings (metal framed).

6. Facilities (garages, maintenance buildings, etc.).

It can be done, with caveats. The forum link in post #2 will give you an idea of some of the challenges. Our office has completed the following types of commercial projects in CA:

1. Tenant build-outs.

2. Exterior renovations.

3. Low-rise office/retail.

4. Restaurant.

5. Manufacturing buildings (metal framed).

6. Facilities (garages, maintenance buildings, etc.).

Your office uses companion programs (along with CA) to accomplish the port folio of work on your web site, correct? I've done several very small (athletic center, small 3Ksqft type stuff).

Your office uses companion programs (along with CA) to accomplish the port folio of work on your web site, correct? I've done several very small (athletic center, small 3Ksqft type stuff).

Not any longer. The only time we revert back to AutoCAD/Revit is for large commercial. The boss wants everything done in Chief because that's the only program he knows how to use.