Exterior Wall Types / Defaults / Materials Question

Korel_Design

post-8999-0-50277700-1451495429_thumb.jpgWhen selecting a Wall Type under the Exterior Wall Defaults Window, regardless of the Wall Type I have selected, either it be Stucco-4, Siding-4, Brick-4 or any other Wall Type, the exterior wall material can only be defined on the Materials Tab under Exterior Wall Defaults > Materials > Exterior Materials . Regardless of what I have defined in the Wall Types Definitions Window, the exterior wall surface will only display the material selected under Exterior Wall Defaults > Materials > Exterior Wall Surface. 

As seen in the attached JPG, I have Siding-4 selected (yes, Lap Siding is the specified material in the Wall Type Definitions Window) but brick is rendered in the camera view unless I scroll down to the Materials Tab and redefine the Exterior Wall Surface there.

I use to be able to simply select the Wall Type and the predetermined Exterior Wall Material (Exterior Layer #1) will appear in the Perspective Full Overview Window.

What can you think I might be doing wrong? Did I make myself clear?

Thanks for your advice,

I am running X7 in Windows 7.

JK

post-8999-0-50277700-1451495429_thumb.jpg

New-Home.plan

It took a moment to figure out how to attached the file. Look up at the original post to see the attachment.

I wasn't working on any particular plan. I've been setting up my defaults when I noticed this. The wall type is Lap Siding on a 2x4 wall. The wall definition shows Lap Siding. However, when looking at the 3D image in Camera View, the exterior of the wall is brick.

Thank so very much for the assistance.

Jerry K.