HaywardVT

Stem wall has gap, won't connect to other wall.

I can't figure out why it won't connect. I temporarily fixed the problem by adding the thickness of a stem wall to the length of the wall that has the issue, but after I continued working I noticed it again. Also, if I double click the wall to open the spec box and hit ok without making any changes, the gap changes which side it's on. I have no idea what that means or if it will help when trying to solve the problem.

post-8426-0-71029200-1447793695_thumb.png

Johnson Lot 43.plan

Hmmmm....weird.  I was able to replicate the same issue.

Not really sure what to tell you...because even pulling a cross section and dragging the wall down doesn't fix it.

I can't explain why,  but it looks good to me now.  I selected the foundation wall between the house and the garage and by clicking my heals twice,  it is fixed.

post-50-0-59279500-1447797827_thumb.png

BTW,  you must be wearing the correct shoes when you click your heals twice.  IOW,  no guarantees.

However,  it looks like it messed up the other end.....  I am getting so tired of this crap....  come on CA,  please fix this stuff......  

post-50-0-56944900-1447798103_thumb.png

post-50-0-85281500-1447798131_thumb.png

However, it looks like it messed up the other end..... I am getting so tired of this crap.... come on CA, please fix this stuff......

I bet a huge part of the problem is that very few people submit these things to tech support.

Looks like your foundation walls have varying thicknesses. Try centering your footings on the main layer for all foundation walls.

(Just because I had a similar problem once and that fixed it)

Thanks guys, it had something to do with the extra 2 1/2" connecting to the walls that were bare, extending the walls and moving them back seemed to fix it.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SuzLeigh
    Newest Member
    SuzLeigh

• By rembocanoe66
      I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).
      In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.
      Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 
      It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks
      Ray
    • By jheath21
      Help! How do I connect the walls to the roof?

• By SNestor
      I think I have an issue with my "template" plan as I cannot get walls located above invisible walls to build correctly.  The wall in the attached plan is where the ceiling transitions from 12' tall to a room with a 9' tall ceiling.  I attempted the same drawing in a stock Chief template plan and everything worked like it's supposed to...so, I gather I have a setting in my template plan that is goofy...

Thanks!

Plan attached:   Gable End Wall Not Building Plan.plan
    • By DRyeHD
      I've looked for a thread on this topic but cannot find one.  Typical construction is CMU stem wall on footing and slab.

I would like to show outside edge of foundation block and all thickened slab areas (for bearing walls and posts).  I see the foundation block on floor "0" and the thickened slab (under bearing walls) and post footings on floor "1".  I would like to display all this on one layout and add dimensions for concrete, plumbing, and other under-slab work.

What is the best way to do this without redrawing a separate plan to accommodate these items?
    • By CRHDesign
      Is there a room dialog to prevent this from happening? Ideally I want to make the cantilever a "cantilever" room and have it not generate walls under the cantilever with auto rebuild foundation walls on. Unless there is an easier way? Copying the balcony room settings ends up generating walls like the attached picture, still generating walls under cantilever. Feel like I'm missing something very simple.