HaywardVT

Stem wall has gap, won't connect to other wall.

I can't figure out why it won't connect. I temporarily fixed the problem by adding the thickness of a stem wall to the length of the wall that has the issue, but after I continued working I noticed it again. Also, if I double click the wall to open the spec box and hit ok without making any changes, the gap changes which side it's on. I have no idea what that means or if it will help when trying to solve the problem.

post-8426-0-71029200-1447793695_thumb.png

Johnson Lot 43.plan

Hmmmm....weird.  I was able to replicate the same issue.

Not really sure what to tell you...because even pulling a cross section and dragging the wall down doesn't fix it.

I can't explain why,  but it looks good to me now.  I selected the foundation wall between the house and the garage and by clicking my heals twice,  it is fixed.

post-50-0-59279500-1447797827_thumb.png

BTW,  you must be wearing the correct shoes when you click your heals twice.  IOW,  no guarantees.

However,  it looks like it messed up the other end.....  I am getting so tired of this crap....  come on CA,  please fix this stuff......  

post-50-0-56944900-1447798103_thumb.png

post-50-0-85281500-1447798131_thumb.png

However, it looks like it messed up the other end..... I am getting so tired of this crap.... come on CA, please fix this stuff......

I bet a huge part of the problem is that very few people submit these things to tech support.

Looks like your foundation walls have varying thicknesses. Try centering your footings on the main layer for all foundation walls.

(Just because I had a similar problem once and that fixed it)

Thanks guys, it had something to do with the extra 2 1/2" connecting to the walls that were bare, extending the walls and moving them back seemed to fix it.