Determining "System Type" ie Imperial or Metric

Kbird1

Hi , thought this might be better in it's own topic.....

Is there a way to determine what "system" a plan or Layout originally started as ?

although I am in a Metric plan ( I think ) when I send to Layout the Scale is is always in Imperial , and when I tried to save the Layout to use as my future Metric Layout Template , it tells me the System is Imperial ( and won't save it), so I am not sure what I have done or if it is fixable?

a8.JPG

thx.

Mick:

Did you do any poking around in Preferences to see if there are any solutions going that way?  Did you see Dermot's post in another thread on the topic of metric units?  Not sure if what he said helps you without looking at it.

Hi Curt , quiet around here today , wonder why  :)

Yeah I posted in that thread 1st then thought I had better not hijack that thread and start my own , as Dermot's answer doesn't really help me , as I thought I had already started with this Project's Plan with a Metric Template .The Help System was no help :)  , the link to the CA help site from the Error Message , had nothing in it.

M.

To determine if a plan or layout is metric or imperial, all you need to do is open up pretty much any dialog box and look at what units are being used.  In an imperial plan, the values will display as inches and in a metric plan they will display as mm.

I am going to guess that your current plan or layout that is open is imperial and you are trying to save it as a template but your preferences are set to be using metric.

To determine if a plan or layout is metric or imperial, all you need to do is open up pretty much any dialog box and look at what units are being used.  In an imperial plan, the values will display as inches and in a metric plan they will display as mm.

I am going to guess that your current plan or layout that is open is imperial and you are trying to save it as a template but your preferences are set to be using metric.

That's what has me confused and why I asked about this , I usually work in imperial , but occasionally in Metric here ,  and I am pretty sure I started with a Metric Template as I cannot see me going through and changing all the DBX's ,Defaults etc to metric (mm) but maybe I did ?  I don't remember what Template I used ie ProfileM.plan or perhaps an older metric Plan of my own ... (or someone else's?)

However each time I send to Layout the Default scale is in Imperial and I have to change it to Metric , So I am wondering if somehow I started sending to the Imperial Template Layout and am now stuck with it.... I had planned on making this final Layout into my new Metric Layout Template but it won't allow it due to the miss matched "System" according to the Error message.

M.