Chief Saving Hotkey!

Rashid_Garuba

Soooooo... Who at Chief Architect decided S,A should be the hot keys for saving? I have extensively modified my hotkeys but it never occurred to me to see what the save Hotkey combo is. So as I do with 99% of other Windows app I Ctrl-S often (I avoid icons) thinking I am saving... Today I lost 3 hours of work (backups were older) due to a Windows crash.

Oddly I have Autosave set to every 5 minutes but it seems that only saves a phantom recovery file (which I declined thinking my save was younger) rather than the actual plan file. If you don't save the plan manually the file modified time never changes. Why not save the ACTUAL file? I will reduce the Archive option to Hourly as well as Ctr+S (assigned now)

No wonder Chief always asked me on normal exits if I wanted to save.. Why MUST you guys be endlessly quirky??

Rashid,

Looks like you are using my hotkeys!

I think you must have changed the hotkey assignment somehow yourself because I don't think that Chief comes with any OOB sequential hotkeys (eg, S,A) - the OOB hotkeys are all simultaneous (ugh!) (eg, Ctrl+S), same as other windows programs. 

So...Maybe user error?