Lees Working.planOk so I'm using x7, doing a remodel. The existing plan has been established. I'm wanting the center area (which was a courtyard) to become heated space, with a 20' ceiling, with high windows in the protruding area. I want to see the walls when I build the second story, and maintain temporarily all the roof planes on the existing plan in order to work on the new roof. When I add 2nd floor, and edit the walls to the shape I am looking for, the walls do not build in 3d view, just the floor and ceiling. If I rebuild the roof, I don't know how to maintain the planes that were auto built before, as they are unedited. However, rebuilding the roof seems to be the only way to get the walls to extend up to the second floor. I must be missing something. Attaching plan...

If you can't figure this out, let me know and I'll help you online. I assume you're doing a "save-as" for the proposed plan.

You have to pull the roof eaves back, then build a second floor.

post-95-0-96851700-1434726479_thumb.png

You do realize that when you do the proposed plan, you need to move those existing roof planes back in order to generate the new walls to where they can be seen above the existing roof planes.

If I am understanding you I think all you need to do is select all the roof planes and then cut them, build 2nd floor from 1st and then paste hold position. Then transform replicate the roof planes to desired height.

Thanks for the tips. Could it be that simple? Moving the planes out of the way? I will see. Thanks again.

Basic rule: 9 times out of 10, a roof plane will always cut a wall off.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    zzubin
    Newest Member
    zzubin

• By MichaelaS
      The wall shown is on the same plane with a false gable roof above only a portion. The wall from the interior will reflect the same ceiling height as the rest of the home, but from the front elevation I would like the wall to be taller to move my gable up. How can this be done in CA as the wall heights are dictated by the room's ceiling height?

• By ChristinoDesign
      We're trying to figure out how to change the angle of pendent lights on vaulted ceilings. When we create the ceiling angle, the lights follow and aren't angled properly. How do we change the lights so they go vertical rather than at a tilt?
    • By StructEng58
      Hello All, 

I am working on a project, which its an addition to a service garage with an apartment above. The problem that I am having is that I need a new wall against an existing in order not to see a hole in the area of the existing wall. As you can see in the image of the second floor plan below where I circled it is where I need to add another wall. 

As you can see from my front elevation. I have a hole in the area where there is no wall. 

I have attached a back-up of plan to this email for reference also. I am open to other suggestions on how to fix this issue. 

Thank you in advance for the help. 

Chris 
      RB Garage.zip
    • By Designer100
      Does anyone know ho fix issues I have on this commercial remodeling addition?
      1) Windows and bar cabinets are not against the wall!
      2) wall is not showing on full camera looking back toward where it attaches to the existing building. Wall existing is brick on inside, unless I decide to cover it with gypsum bd!
      3) I have a 10 ft. plate with 9 ft dropped ceiling 2 ft x 4 ft acoustic tile in new addition.

x12 

Newell Cheatham