Floor Plan Lables

builtright3

The scale was always intended to be the "printed" scale. The idea is that if you print something to a scale different than normal, such as a check plot, that the output would have the correct scale. This was an important requirement that was gleaned from several people prior to implementing that feature.

Doug,

Is there any way the name of the macro could be changed to "printed scale" without effecting the prior use?  Maybe just a duplicate macro with that name would be useful.  At least that way the name would give an indication of what it actually does.  I personally do not find the "zooming" aspects useful since I use different monitor sizes and the "zoomed" scale is not always indicative of what it will look like when printed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a new user and am struggling to figure out how to properly add the printed scale to a layout. My preference is to have the printed scale display in the template layout box for Scale. Seems a perfectly reasonable thing.

Unfortunately,

%scale%, on the layout template page,  simply reports what has been specified in "Print -> Drawing Sheet Setup" for layout. Not terribly useful.

The layout object name, box_scale, displays the scale ay which the plan was sent to layout. Also not useful for me.

%scale%, on the plan page, displays the printed scale, *but* it is displayed within the layout box for the plan. Also not what I want.

Is there a simple mechanism to place the printed scale in the template layout? (I did discover that if I place %scale% at the location of the template scale box I get what I want... but this seems a convoluted way to achieve the deisred result.

Apologies for asking what I suspect has already been answered, but I haven't been able to locate an answer that works for me.

Thanks.

I'm using the Mac version of X7.

I found a solution... one that was described earlier in the thread (creating a "special" layer), sending it to layout page 0, and positioning the text as required.

Apologies for wasting everyone's time.

I found a solution... one that was described earlier in the thread (creating a "special" layer), sending it to layout page 0, and positioning the text as required.

Apologies for wasting everyone's time.

Not the best way,  see pic,  

post-50-0-96903500-1432845470_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...