Wall Wrapping.

Askod1

Go to solution Solved by TheKitchenAbode,

I recently started working with Chief X7 for MAC OS. I am working on my first project which is a restoration project of an old victorian house. I am having some difficulty in some areas of the project.

I will simply try to ask 1 question at a time and hope I don't become to much of a PIA.

Pertaining to exterior walls. I cannot figure out how to get the wall ends of the exterior walls to display with gyp board as oppose to the exterior finish protruding through where the exterior wall and interior walls meet, as shown in the screen shot attached. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

post-5875-0-32012200-1431360016_thumb.png

• Solution

There appears to be a slight jog (offset) in the wall to the left of the exposed brick versus the right side, shows at the baseboard. Maybe this is required or as Dennis suggests the wall sections are not connecting properly. Also, is the main interior wall with the door openings an actual interior wall type or did you just extend the exterior wall through and change the cladding finish. For myself I usually draw all the exterior walls first and then go in and attach/position the interior walls.

Graham

OK, as you all pointed out my exterior wall was extended into the interior and i was able to remedy that quite easily after it was pointed out. (though feeling a bit embarrassed about such a rookie mistake.) Thank you. I'm sure I will be post more questions as i proceed with the project. This is not exactly the simplest plan for me to have to start with as im certain that the finished attic and roof are going to give me fits.

OK, as you all pointed out my exterior wall was extended into the interior and i was able to remedy that quite easily after it was pointed out. (though feeling a bit embarrassed about such a rookie mistake.) Thank you. I'm sure I will be post more questions as i proceed with the project. This is not exactly the simplest plan for me to have to start with as im certain that the finished attic and roof are going to give me fits.

Appreciate the "Vote" in confidence however this should most likely go to Perry and/or Dennis.

Pleased your problem was resolved,

Graham