para-CAD Posted September 27 Share Posted September 27 (edited) I’ve never been able to get this to successfully work, and I end up cheating by making the room ceiling height tall enough that regular trusses will set on these higher walls. No cheating allowed on this one this time. Can someone explain in simple terms how I can have a wall that is 9’-1 1/8” tall and a 1’-4 7/8” tall heel on an attic truss? This will be a bonus room over the garage, and the rest of the house is all 10 foot plate height when I cut a section view, the truss just looks like a standard truss, so I must be doing something wrong. I would expect the bottom of the truss to be set at the 9 foot plate height with a 2 x 10 bottom cord in the middle, and then the top cord would start at the heel height from the bottom of the truss to the top of the top cord along the outside of framing. I will add a picture when I get home, but I’m waiting for Chinese food right now in my truck, so this is all text Edited September 27 by para-CAD Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SHCanada2 Posted September 27 Share Posted September 27 (edited) I just raise and lower the roofs, rebuild the trusses, until i get the desired heel height Edited September 27 by SHCanada2 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
robdyck Posted September 27 Share Posted September 27 I'll show some screenshots from a simple example. Plan View: On the 2nd floor, the roof baseline has been set at 109.125 + 16.875. Section: Attic rooms have a 3.5" floor structure & no floor sheathing. Bonus Rm has sheathing over 2x10 joists. I've manually added the sloped ceiling planes. Build roof trusses. Manually adjust the truss profile where needed. In the truss detail, manually add the 2x10 bottom chord. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
para-CAD Posted September 27 Author Share Posted September 27 Thank you so much. Just knowing that it’s possible is half the battle. Go, Joe Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now