Framing Member(S) Macro

Joe_Carrick

Scott,

You have to "Import" the macro using "Text Macro Management".

DUH!!!!

Okay,  I open this latest one the same way I opened the previous ones.  Are you telling me I have to open up this latest one differently than I opened the previous two that you posted?  I did not use "Text Macro Management". for the previous two.

Joe,  I give up.  If you could do a quick vid to explain what to do,  I would appreciate it.  Otherwise,  I am done.  This is something that CA should fix.  This is not rocket science,  if I am using TJI's,  the call out  should be TJI's and not conventional lumber.  

Once it's connected to a Framing Member with an Arrow it will work.  It's possible for arrows to get disconnected at either end, so you might want to delete the arrow and add a new one.  Options in the Text Box dbx (Add an Arrow)

please record it Scott , thanks....

I've imported it but it says there is an evaluation error ? or is that cos it isn't assigned to an object yet?

I had imported the macro into a new blank plan I had just opened to Start Chief , so saw in the TMM DBX that there was an evaluation error but when I closed the TMM DBX the macro disappeared , so I drew a box , put a roof on it , with framing on ,selected a rafter , then imported the macro again , and it seems to have stayed active/available to insert etc and works correctly , thanks again.

You might need to start writing a Tips Book Joe , excellent work again , I like it a lot ...looks like I need to check the Library  item post again too.