Room Fill Macro

Ginkgohouse

Good Morning

I am working on a remodel on a house with many different floor elevations.    Once I had the existing entry set, the new rooms I add tend to jump to the legacy floor elevation. 

I was wondering if there was a macro that would fill the room based on meeting certain floor elevation criteria.  I am currently using the text macro to show the floor elevation which is super but a bit distracting to have the text box in each room.

Please find the attached plan and orig blueprint section.

Thanks 

Mark

Floor Elevation Label.plan

post-182-0-46086900-1429545150_thumb.jpg

There are 2 options:

1.  You can add "Room Macros" to the Room Label (even in Room Defaults) but that will all be on the same line as the Room Name.

2.  You can create a RTB with everything formatted (different fonts, underlining, multiple lines, etc which when placed in a room will display all the data.  I use this and set the default room label to 0 height so it doesn't show.

Joe, have you ever found a way to use room labels in section view?

Nope.  Even though I can access the data in the Ruby Console from an elevation.  I still can't even connect a referenced macro to it.  It's something I've asked for - along with a lot of other attribute access for Elevations and Sections.

I do have a system that accumulates all the room data.  I might be able to create a way to have a macro to put that into a RTB in a Section but it would require that you know the Room Name.  IOW, it would have to be a separate Global Variable for each Room.  At this time I think it's more trouble than it's worth.

Perry,

One possibility available at this time is a Custom Room Schedule (one Room) with just a "Room Name".  It can be set up as the Default for Room Schedule and just generate a Room Schedule for each Room in the Section.  You can have all the display attributes set in the defaults.

It's a little bit of work, but not too much.  Since I already have my real Room Finish Schedule in a CAD Detail Window I don't have to worry about the fact that the Default is set to just display a name.

In addition, you can convert the Schedule to Text and then convert the Text to Rich Text.  So there's a lot of flexibility if you want it.  This might even be better than a Room Label since you have access to everything that you can get in the Schedule.  It takes a little bit of formatting but there's a lot of data available.