Same Layer To Display On Multiple Level

buzzsaw204

I believe you can snap to the reference set.

I draw lines over referenced walls, main layer all the time.  Enable your snaps/On Object.

Reference sets are wonderful & can have many creative uses & all that, but a layer that displayed on all floors & also in CAD Details would be very handy. Even if the layer was only editable in one place. 

Yes, if I want to show posts ,I just turn them on in the ref.set but never really needed to snap anything to them. Also because of the way Chief handles the foundation plan if you want to show posts there you must copy them, change to p-line, as not to have 2 sets of 3d posts, or they will show up on the floor plan also. but you can use another ref set not showing the posts forthat. I have a different reference set for every plan (Floors, foundation, roof, electrical, framing) all levels. For 3 or more floors it would be nice to see multible reference sets so the third floor can reference floors 1 and 2.

If the reference layer is on, when you send it to the layout, then it prints. If it's already sent to the layout, open the layout view box and check the reference set and which one you want to include with that plan. pretty simple. Just remember if you have all red color lines that's how it will print. for me the best way to create a reference layerset is to copy one that's close to what you want and change it to what you need and add "'reference set" to the name of the layerset so you know what it is.