Header story pole dims

winterdd

If I had to guess I would say it's picking up both the top of the door and the top of the rough opening and calling them both headers for some reason.

Things like this are why I've started using construction lines for story pole elevations and putting an elevation marker on the end of them (it would be nice if elevation markers were an option for the ends of construction lines). This way I can put the story pole lines exactly where they should go and they stay there, plus you can leave them in your plan template and adjust them as needed for different plans. Takes a little longer initially to set up but saves time and frustration overall.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, winterdd said:

Does anyone know why it is labeling two header heights.

When you pick that story pole dim., where is the snap showing?  Have you built your framing yet?  What I do in a case like this, is to move that "section line" just inside the exterior facade, to see the structure, that should tell you what that snap is grabbing.  Is this happening just with garage doors?

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys, yes @mtldesignsframing is always built by the time i do story poles. I hear ya @tundra_dweller, I can do it manually but I also like to figure out issues so it is just one push of a button to dimension my elevations. I mean, in reality all I have been doing is gripping the highest header line and deleting it but it just seems like I am working against CA that way. I will try to pm the link @robdyck 

@winterdd You can also use the "delete surface" tool to temporarily delete drywall, sheathing, etc. surfaces to get down to the framing and investigate what it's picking up on, this also can make it easier to drag & snap your dimensions to what you want them to pick up. Then press F12 to regenerate your deleted surfaces. I suppose switching the layer set to 3D framing would kind of do the same thing but I haven't tried that.

• Upvote 1