Sluggish Model

JKEdmo

Go to solution Solved by BrianBeck,

Good morning,

I brought a model forward from X15 to X16 (attached).  Since then the model has become really slow and sluggish with a lot of "rebuild 3d model" events.  I don't think the model is especially large.

1. Was wondering what people do to troubleshoot something like this.  For example, how to find and purge a large complex symbol that might be causing problems?
  2. Lastly, in Autocad there is a command (Audit) used to fix and repair files.  Does Chief have anything equivalent to fix "broken" PLAN files if that's even a thing?

Thanks once again,

Jim

PARKES - PROPOSED.zip

• Solution

Its the two roof planes you have cutting into the fireplace

It's actually because Auto Roof Returns are turned on for the walls in the Fireplace, as well as a bunch of other walls in the plan where it probably doesn't need to be on.  The fireplace walls are the ones causing the slowness though.  If you select them and turn off Auto Roof Returns the plan is no longer slow to build 3D.

8 minutes ago, BrianBeck said:

It's actually because Auto Roof Returns are turned on for the walls in the Fireplace, as well as a bunch of other walls in the plan where it probably doesn't need to be on.  The fireplace walls are the ones causing the slowness though.  If you select them and turn off Auto Roof Returns the plan is no longer slow to build 3D.

nice, thanks for the info Brian

1 hour ago, JKEdmo said:

Thanks for all the help.  Working on cleaning this up right now.

I'm curious for my own education -- how did you all zero in on the problem area so quickly?

Just had a look at the model and to me it was either solids, walls, or roofs, so i used the layer hider until the model sped up