Macro in a custom field object gabbing data form the object components specifics

amddrafting

Just trying to see what I'm doing wrong I'm made a custom field on a door that is trying to get a macro to work so it gets the data I have on the door handle components and show the model number I have in the manufacture row.

15 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

Show your work.

I might not be getting the whole layout I'm still fairly new to this software, but I could be missing the who point as well. I was working trying the get the manufacturer data from this door handle and have the custom filed show that data so I can then show it in a schedule

Screenshot 2024-08-15 144617.png

Screenshot 2024-08-15 144625.png

On 8/15/2024 at 1:53 PM, amddrafting said:

I was working trying the get the manufacturer data from this door handle and have the custom filed show that data so I can then show it in a schedule

Unfortunately, the object information from the handle seems to be lost or unavailable when adding it to a door. For the hardware, fields like 'Manufacturer' will be blank in the door components tab as well as in a materials list.

I'm not a macro expert, but I believe the only macros available in the door's Custom Object Fields will need to come from the door's NVPs.