Moving Objects with dimension line

Moving Objects with dimension line.

I pick the circle and after clicking on the dimension line i can change the location of the circle.

Dont understand why sometimes it works and other times wont work.

Am i missing some thing?

image.thumb.png.1c2bc87e06b9d48711f210ff189c679a.png

Clicking on the dimension that displays an object's size does not reveal the move type selectors; however, clicking on the dimension that extends to another object will display the handles.

Sorry mark i forgot to close Ca,

There are holes in the column left and right side and im trying to position the holes.

The surveyor gave me the drawing and it was wrong, i physiclly measured each hole postion so i can get my contactor to build the structural steel to be bolted in these holes

Level 2.plan

Explode the block and remove the dimension labeled '225' that's using a marker. I believe you should use the point-to-point dimension tool instead of the end-to-end dimension tool.

The basic problem shown in your video is that you can't move the circle with the 285 dimension because it isn't actually locating the circle.  You can tell this because when you select the circle, the dimension doesn't change color.  Also, when you hover over the dimension, you don't get the "finger" so that when you click on the dimension, the program just selects the dimension instead of letting you do the move.

When you import a dxf/dwg, the dimensions don't always locate the objects you want them to.  I didn't look at your plan, but it looks like the program put in a cad marker for the dimension instead of connecting it to the circle center the way you wanted.  If you selected the marker (by using "next' or tab), you could then move the marker using the 285 dimension.

BTW, you may have never realized this, but which temp dimensions you get will usually depend on which side of an object you click on.  For example, in your video your temp dimensions are showing the top/bottom distances which means that you probably clicked closer to the top or bottom then to the left or right side.