Amd Video Card Help Lines Disappear At Various Zoom Levels

VisualDandD

I agree Chief doesn't really Push the GTX970 but I think I'm "good" for a few years too but need to do a Build myself , and the one component you don't list (naturally)  is the Motherboard, so I'm curious since I will overclock an i7 too

I wish GTX970 were that cheap here ,very surprising ,which one did you get?

BTW I'm using that Dual Monitor -multi-taskbar program (3 monitors and TV) and the extra toolsbars are nice to have , even the Beta Start button is working for me , though I think you wanted a program with way more functionality didn't you? 

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dualmonitortb/

I ordered the GTX970 'OC' edition.   It was $335 I think from Newegg.com with a $10 rebate.

For mother board, I went with a MSI z97-gaming 5 motherboard.  ($150).

It is a no brainer for overclocking.   With the i7 4790k, (using just the 'overclock genie' which automatically detects all your hardware and sets up your OC), I went from 4.0 to 4.4.   I could manually adjust things and ramp up more....but it is not necessary.   It might as well be at stock speeds.   The 4790k is made to overclock and is 100% stable here.

I did not want to liquid cool this rig so I just bought a cooler master 212 EVO air cooler/rad setup.   Quiet and keeps temps in the low 80's even at 100% cpu benchmarking.

All in all....this is a demonstration of a fast rig that can be built fairly cheap.

This hot swap on the front is AWESOME

17-990-016-03.jpg

Also went with a cool case design.  Corsair Air 540.   Makes for a real neat install with PS being separated from other components.  Also gives great cross cooling and a nice washable filter on the front fans.

carbide-air-540-1-1280x1024.jpg

Monster dead lifts Justin, keep up the good work.

I'm putting together a PCpartsPicker list from your list to see if I can finagle it down to my price range.

Thanks for all the great info.

Thanks man!

Not that many people 'get it', but there are those that do.   Most guys my age, reflect back on their glory years.   Truth is, I am better at 42 than I ever was in my 20's. (and I was a collegiate athlete at a pretty high level)   My goal is to keep this lifestyle as I age.  I do understand that at some point age will start to impact, but I will not go down easily!

As for computer parts....

I did a bunch of research, and all the parts I used were very good 'bang for the buck'.   I could have gone a little higher on some stuff....but I know this new build will be good for the next 4-5 years.    I kept my old one that long.   I did the same thing when I built it.   I did not go top end, but just under.   It was an I7 950 @ 3 ghz overclocked to 3.3 with a GTX660.   Still runs great today.   Sold it for $600 and this new build was under $700 if I factor selling my old one in.  Seemed like a solid investment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

As we have stated earlier, this is not a trivial problem and manifests itself only on a specific video card manufacturers hardware.  Our development staff does understand that this has impacted productivity for some of you, though, and is continuing to work on this issue with the third parties involved as well as looking at changes to Chief Architect that may resolve the problem. 

The issue has to do with drawing a single pixel, horizontal line on screen consistently.  There is a setting in Preferences that can resolve the issue for you by forcing the lines to draw at a minimum of 2 pixels, though it may make other lines on screen render larger:

Preferences>Appearance – Line Weights – Minimum Display Weight: 2 Pixels

We will continue to work toward a permanent resolution with the highest priority and hope that this suggestion will be helpful until then.