How can we import text styles since they dont come in with layer sets?

Renerabbitt

It's not quick or elegant but: create a buncha text objects and assign each one a different text style, copy an paste em to the other plan. Once pasted, those Styles get created in that plan and will stick around even after the txt boxes are deleted.

2 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

It's not quick or elegant but: create a buncha text objects and assign each one a different text style, copy an paste em to the other plan. Once pasted, those Styles get created in that plan and will stick around even after the txt boxes are deleted.

even for duplicate text styles?

All of the ones used in your layer sets should be imported.  So you could also create a layer set that uses all of the text styles that you want to import.

It will only bring in the text styles that are not already in the plan and I think it just looks at the names.  If you are trying to replace text styles, than that is going to be a bit more work.

2 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

even for duplicate text styles?

Had to test that, but as I suspected, no. It seems to check first and if one exists of the same name it'll use it.

32 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

Had to test that, but as I suspected, no. It seems to check first and if one exists of the same name it'll use it.

35 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

All of the ones used in your layer sets should be imported.  So you could also create a layer set that uses all of the text styles that you want to import.

It will only bring in the text styles that are not already in the plan and I think it just looks at the names.  If you are trying to replace text styles, than that is going to be a bit more work.

So this is part of a full transfer of my existing template to an OOTB x16 template.

easiest and seemingly fastest way.. in default OOTB template:

delete all SPV

delete all layer sets that aren’t camera defaults

delete all text styles that aren’t defaulted.

rename all remaining text styles

then import SPV/layersets.

delete renamed text styles.

ugh.