Rotating plan issue

westvale

Hello friends,

I discovered after sending my plan to layout, that I would prefer it rotated 90 degrees to better organize and orient the drawings on paper.  If I rotate my layout box, the text and callouts do not adjust to the new orientation.  Can I rotate the entire model in the plan file?  I tried and couldn't figure it out. 

I was searching for the tool you suggested and didn't find it but found another that's called Rotate Plan View.  Worked great, but I'm having to rotate all my text manually, even new text is created in the wrong direction.  Anyone know if there's a quick fix for that?

image.thumb.png.eff64f125ba0f7a8be308e93bb89b54c.png

42 minutes ago, NRST8TRKR said:

I find rotating causes all sorts of problems.

Save your plan and then try flip front to back then side to side.

Few less problems.  Good Luck, Ken

I think I see what you mean.  Every new text I create is going the wrong direction... 

4 hours ago, westvale said:

If I rotate my layout box, the text and callouts do not adjust to the new orientation.

Text and callouts can be set to "Rotate with Plan" or not.

Text_Callout.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, westvale said:

I was searching for the tool you suggested and didn't find it but found another that's called Rotate Plan View.  Worked great, but I'm having to rotate all my text manually, even new text is created in the wrong direction.  Anyone know if there's a quick fix for that?

image.thumb.png.eff64f125ba0f7a8be308e93bb89b54c.png

Rotate Plan View doesn't do what you are expecting it to do.

This tool rotates the drawing sheet and everything on it - like snap and reference grids and cartesian coordinates.

It does not rotate the plan on the drawing sheet.

My advice is to stay clear of this tool unless you really know what you are doing.

Rotate Plan View

To rotate everything in a plan view, including all objects on all floors, the Snap and Reference Grids, the plan’s Cartesian coordinates, and the drawing sheet, select Tools> Rotate Plan View to open the Rotate Plan View dialog. See 3D Drafting.

Enter the degrees to rotate the plan view to using decimal units with either positive or negative values. The degrees rotated displays in ±180º format. For example, if you enter 270º, it displays as -90º when the dialog is reopened.

Rotate Plan View  rotates a plan relative to its original orientation. For example, entering 90º twice results in a rotation of 90º, not 180º.

Text objects rotate with the plan unless you uncheck Rotate with Plan in the Text Specification dialog for each object. See Rich Text Specification Dialog.

Rotate Plan View only affects the currently active plan view. If you would like the current plan view to retain its rotation the next time it is opened, check Remember Zoom/Rotation in its specification dialog. See Plan View Specification Dialog.

If you use Rotate Plan View  and then use either the CAD Detail from View  or Plan Footprint  tool, the CAD Detail window that is created will permanently inherit the same rotation as the plan view. If you later modify the plan view’s rotation, the CAD Detail will not be affected. See CAD Details and Plan Footprint.

The Rotate Plan View tool does not rotate objects; it literally rotates only your view of those objects. As a result, it does not alter the orientation of the plan in layout views or on the printed page.

• Like 2