User Catalogue - Edit Objects

Ange822

Hi there,

Is there a way to edit / update the saved objects I have in my user catalogue?

I didn't realize when first creating objects for my user catalogue that they need to be facing forward on the plan view to be visible on the 3D preview pane. I have attached 2 examples, 1 was saved on an angle on the floor plan, and then other facing forward.

I wondered if I could edit the object / rotate the plan view and it would update / save in my user catalogue so it would update the 3D preview to straight facing forward?

Alternately I think I would need to bring the object into the plan / rotate it / then create a new object / delete the old one?

thanks in advanced.

Angela

Screenshot 2024-05-28 134016.png

Screenshot 2024-05-28 134100.png

You can edit items in your user library by right-clicking on them and using the "open object" button.

But this won't help change the orientation of an architectural block.  You will probably need to place it into a plan, explode it, rotate it, re-block it, and then save it back to the library.

• Like 1

I was typing when @DBCooper responded so you'll get some redundant info here, but...

It depends on what type of object you're working with.  If it's a single symbol, you can just:

1. Right click on the object in your library
  2. Click Open Object or Open Symbol
  3. Click on the 3D tab
  4. Select the Z axis to rotate about
  5. Click the Rotate+ or Rotate- button a couple times to rotate 180 degrees

If its an Architectural Block, you'll probably just have to do as you described.

1 hour ago, DBCooper said:

You can edit items in your user library by right-clicking on them and using the "open object" button.

But this won't help change the orientation of an architectural block.  You will probably need to place it into a plan, explode it, rotate it, re-block it, and then save it back to the library.

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I was typing when @DBCooper responded so you'll get some redundant info here, but...

It depends on what type of object you're working with.  If it's a single symbol, you can just:

1. Right click on the object in your library
  2. Click Open Object or Open Symbol
  3. Click on the 3D tab
  4. Select the Z axis to rotate about
  5. Click the Rotate+ or Rotate- button a couple times to rotate 180 degrees

If its an Architectural Block, you'll probably just have to do as you described.

Thank you both for your responses. @Alaskan_Son Do you know if I can change the "insertion point" once I Rotate the option in the axis I need?

It seems to show on the plan view the same, but different in 3D if that makes sense? 

Here is an example; you can see when I bring the object into the plan view, it shows it flat on the floor, but the 3D preview is correct.

thanks,

Ange

Screenshot 2024-05-28 155507.png

26 minutes ago, Ange822 said:

Thank you both for your responses. @Alaskan_Son Do you know if I can change the "insertion point" once I Rotate the option in the axis I need?

It seems to show on the plan view the same, but different in 3D if that makes sense? 

Here is an example; you can see when I bring the object into the plan view, it shows it flat on the floor, but the 3D preview is correct.

thanks,

Ange

Screenshot 2024-05-28 155507.png

Click on the 2D Symbol tab and either select Always or click Generate Block.

• Like 1