Outlets in some rooms keep getting place as weather proof but should be standard

lsandine

Go to solution Solved by TeaTime,

In a couple of my rooms when I place a 110V outlet it keeps setting it to weatherproof on the interior wall.  I am pretty new to the software and didn't find any mention of this issue so must be something silly I am missing.  Thanks for any help.

• Solution

Would need to know more about these rooms to say for sure.  Also might help to know what version of the software you're using.

Fairly certain though that it just automatically places the right type of outlets for type of room you're placing them in. For example, Deck rooms are treated like outside rooms and get outside outlets, and if your rooms are not properly defined at all (like, you can't select the room) then their walls are treated as exterior walls.

Post the plan here if you're not able to sort it out.

• Like 1

If the room is a Kitchen or Bathroom and it has a cabinet in it, auto place outlets will place a GFCI above the cabinet. A Porch, Patio or Balcony the regular 110 outlet will be a GFCI on an interior wall. I don't see a way to change that.

Interior wall of the porch (patio or balcony)? or the interior of the house? 

Per Tea Time... per IRC regulations, exterior spaces are required to have ground fault circuit interrupters - for the receptacles. 

The program has a default to ensure compliance. ...which is actually really good. 

Regarding the OP's inquiry, the room classification is most likely telling the program that there may be presence of water in that space. 

That's why outlets are coming up as GFI's.

Change the room name, but more importantly, the room type. 

Software X15, room type is balcony, interior wall placement of outlet is added as WP.  I changed room type to great room and the outlets are placed properly.  

I am now having an issue with the loft floor wall connections.  The bedroom wall is not extended to the ceiling.  The loft balcony wall is not lined up properly.  This issue became a bit more pronounced after I changed the room type from balcony to great room.  

Should I post this to a different thread or just continue here?  

This house doesn't have an attic.  I don't recall when and why I configured that way.

Thank you

loft balcony walls 1.png

loft balcony walls 2.png

loft bed wall disconnect.png

loft bed wall disconnect 2.png

3rd story.png

attic floor.png

2 minutes ago, lsandine said:

Should I post this to a different thread or just continue here?  

I would post a separate topic, since the main issue has been marked Solved. And probably post the plan file too, those kinds of things can get funky

40 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

I would post a separate topic, since the main issue has been marked Solved. And probably post the plan file too, those kinds of things can get funky

Sounds good will do.  Thanks