WALL WITH STONE VENEER - BEST WAY TO DO?

Sandor09

Good morning everybody,
I'm new to the forum and also to Chief Architect, I've been doing my work over the years with AutoCAD and Revit, but in my opinion AutoCad is already outdated and Chief Architect has more potential than Revit, at least looking at the hundreds of tutorial videos that I have watched over time.

My question is the following, today I got to work and I'm doing some exercises, that is, redoing for myself some projects I have in AutoCAD and trying to do them with Chief.

I soon encountered a problem that prevented me from progressing further without having to ask for help.

I have a residence that part of it (the new addition is with a 6" wall plus 6" stone cladding and another part of the house with only 6" walls. So far so good, I was able to create the wall without any problems, but There are some beginner questions. First of all, thank you for your help.

My questions:

1 - Why do I see stone at the ends of the wall when I create just one wall, I would like to see as the image 1A from AutoCAD? image 1

2 - When I turn a corner why does the hatch (pattern) not all go in the same direction? image 2

3 - is there a way to make this corner of the house exactly the same as in the AutoCad drawing? image 3

Thank you so much in advance!

Carlos

image 1A.JPG

image 1.JPG

image 3.JPG

image 2.JPG

In order to prevent the exterior material from wrapping around the end, you can move the exterior material layer to become part of the main layer. I can't tell you exactly how that will affect your model, but be prepared for unintended consequences. Maybe it works well, maybe it doesn't. 

to reproduce the wall layering and configuration, you will need to break a wall and use a different wall type.

Friendly reminder to keep in mind that you won't be able to make Chief conform to pre-existing notions based on other software. Sometimes, your methods will need to conform to the functions of Chief Architect

image.png.7cf661fc1ce10bc2fccad5cf427bc5af.png

10 hours ago, Sandor09 said:

2 - When I turn a corner why does the hatch (pattern) not all go in the same direction? image 2

Because that is how the hatch pattern is defined.

You can have 2 different wall definitions with different hatch in each direction, but it hardly seems worth it to me.

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 9.37.37 am.jpg

11 hours ago, Sandor09 said:

1 - Why do I see stone at the ends of the wall when I create just one wall, I would like to see as the image 1A from AutoCAD? image 1

Create a very thin wall with one layer defined as Air Gap.

Draw it at 90deg to the end of the main wall.

Put it on it's own layer and hide that layer - an invisible wall won't work.

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 10.05.22 am.jpg

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 10.05.00 am.jpg

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 10.15.30 am.jpg