9' Ceiling Height with 14' Eave Height

ChiefZachary

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of designing a barndominium, but I am having issues with my ceiling heights. The eave needs to be 14' which means my exterior walls need to be 14'. Once I have done this, when I try to create a interior room with a 9/10' ceiling, the wall height automatically changes to 9 or 10' to that specific room and throws my roof all out of whack. Any way to combat this?

I am sure there is a way, but I am new at chief architect, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

It sounds like the best approach would be to make the room ceiling ht. 14' in order for that to be the plate height where the rafters/trusses bear. Then place a dropped ceiling at 9 or 10'. In the roof tools there is a "Ceiling Plane" tool. Place a ceiling plane and adjust accordingly.

• Like 1

Should you want to move the roof to a different height than normal, then in the roof dialog box, raise the roof

image.thumb.png.ff6dbf02036fecc2fc48a15a1472ed40.png

Then in the wall dialogue box

image.thumb.png.fb5d0806536169588e58bd5bb9815fc3.png

Now the ceiling plates will be generated with normal birdsmouth, and the ceiling will be at the set height of 9" or whatever you like.

The roof will still automatically be generated with all framing, and so will walls and ceilings.

You will have to do some cad work for the ceiling rafters to show how they are supported by bracing between wall studs.

• Like 1