Trouble Dimensioning

KINGSTONDRAFTER

Using latest X6.   Persistent problem trying to activate dimension input on variety of objects, but especially walls.  The cursor will not pick up the input box.   Some objects on the same drawing will work.  I can not figure out what difference  between the objects that will dimension and the object which will not.   It is a problem with both temporary dimensions and dimensions that have been input.  Running on new PC with all the recommended components.   Thanks for your help.

I'm having the same problem. I find if I close out CA and then reopen it the program is okay and working correctly, It seems the start to happen after the program is running for a couple of hours. What's so strange is that it may work on one wall or door and the dimensioned wall right beside it or even in the same dimension string it will not work. It definitely has to be a bug. It started doing this just since I've updated a couple of days ago. I'm sort of glad to hear someone else has noticed the same problem.

If you resize the main window does it correct? The reason I ask is that we had some other odd bugs that occurred early on that fixed themselves when the main window resized and I'm wondering if this is another case.

Chances are there was something you did that correlates with precipitating the problem. Try to remember what the last thing was that you did. If we can reproduce the cause that would make it a lot easier to fix.

Doug.....I will try. I do know it's occurring all the time now. It was happening to me in one window, so I went to a "cad detail" I was working on and everything was working okay there. What's odd sometimes, I'll try to move a wall by checking on a dimension on one side of the wall and nothing happens. I'll go to the dimension on the other side of the wall, which is part of the same dimension string, and I'm able to move the wall. Like I mentioned earlier, I keep a close eye on it. I do know that by closing the program and reopening it "resets" everything. It's a real PITA. Thanks for letting us know it's something you know about. 

Thank you for your notes.   The problem does seem to appear after running for a time.   I will try to add circumstance info if I can.  At least I know I am not crazy!  ha ha.....   If you do find a reason or fix, please email me at gfast@cogeco.ca.

Thanks so much.   (Enjoying the new features! )

• 3 weeks later...

Dealing with this same issue.  Trying to notice what is going on when it happens to narrow down the possibilities.  Seems pretty random.  I'd been drafting for a few hours on a project and noticed it when trying to move walls, CAD lines, windows, or just about anything that a dimension was snapped to.  Nothing would activate the dimension input box.... until I closed a CAD detail window that I had open along with the plan.  Once I closed that CAD detail, the dimensions immediately started working again.  I can re-open the CAD detail, and the dimensions still work fine.  Weird.