Hiding Wall, Ceiling, and Floor Surfaces

kwhitt

I’m creating a framing elevation for a shower niche and medicine cabinet rough-in.  I want to show the framing members only without wall, floor, and ceiling surfaces.  I am unfortunately unable to hide these layers.  I also have a wall covering below a chair rail molding that won’t go away.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin

ELEVATION.jpg

Whether layers are visible or invisible is controlled in "Display Layers/Objects", while in an active camera view you open its Layer Display Options Dialog and uncheck all name layers that you do not with to see and check on all layers you do wish to see. I also use a "Framing Plan view" to streamline that effort. It is always to  be found in Dialog boxes.

With the wall covering create an elevation camera and face the wall covering, open the wall and remove the covering in that wall's wall covering tab. If it is still there after that open that wall's dialog box- Materials tab  and change the  apparent "wall covering" by altering the material surface setting of therouge wall surface. If all else fails, delete the wall and draw another one to replace the offending one.

DJP

14 minutes ago, solver said:

Try the default 3D Framing Layer Set.

A framing View should work , but it will depend on what you else you need to show....

A wall type with no drywall or covering should show the framing as well ( turn on Framing, Wall in view).

M.

26 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

Whether layers are visible or invisible is controlled in "Display Layers/Objects", while in an active camera view you open its Layer Display Options Dialog and uncheck all name layers that you do not with to see and check on all layers you do wish to see. I also use a "Framing Plan view" to streamline that effort. It is always to  be found in Dialog boxes.

With the wall covering create an elevation camera and face the wall covering, open the wall and remove the covering in that wall's wall covering tab. If it is still there after that open that wall's dialog box- Materials tab  and change the  apparent "wall covering" by altering the material surface setting of therouge wall surface. If all else fails, delete the wall and draw another one to replace the offending one.

DJP

David - thanks for the reply.  I am quite familiar with turning on/off layers.  There doesn't seem to be a layer for wall coverings or drywall - I've tried main layers only.  I was hoping to find a way to automate this without modifying my existing walls.  The wall covering and wallboard should have a layer of its own.

19 minutes ago, solver said:

Try the default 3D Framing Layer Set.

Thank you, Eric.  I don't want to see the studs in this elevation.  In fact, I have not even generated any framing at this stage as the house is existing.  I just want to get rid of the wall coverings, wallboard, floor and ceiling surfaces - automatically if possible.

4 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

A framing View should work , but it will depend on what you else you need to show....

A wall type with no drywall or covering should show the framing as well ( turn on Framing, Wall in view).

M.

Hey Mick.  As described above, I don't want to show the studs.

This is how I want it to appear but without the wall coverings, wallboard, and floor surfaces.  I believe the floor surface is already gone but appears to be there as the wall covering starts 3/4" above the subfloor.  There isn't a way to omit the wall covering altogether via a layer?

ELEVATION.jpg

54 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

Hey Mick.  As described above, I don't want to show the studs.

sounds like I misunderstood what you wanted as well ? 

I want to show the framing members only without wall, floor, and ceiling

28 minutes ago, solver said:

I'm confused.

You're right.  I do not want to show the framing members.  I just want a plane that represents the space without the drywall, floor surface, ceiling surface, and wall covering showing.  Sorry for the confusion.

12 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

sounds like I misunderstood what you wanted as well ? 

I want to show the framing members only without wall, floor, and ceiling

My bad.  Please see above.  Thanks, Kevin