Terrain is the bane of my existence

msmith964

Go to solution Solved by msmith964,

Looking to the greater CA community for help. I have read the posts about retaining walls and terrain spiking, which mine was, so I changed the wall to a foundation wall not a retaining and added a terrain break but I still must be doing something wrong. The terrain needs to slope from -8 at the parking lot to -146. I have deleted everything from the drawing except what I need to show so it's going to look weird when you pull up a camera view. I have attached the plan (CA Pro X15) and an image of the problem. Thanks in advance for any help!

terrain pic.png

terrain back up file.zip

25 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

still has no data. use the file/backup entire plan option

Hi Rene. I tried backing it up with the plan files only and it's still too large to upload. I've deleted as much from the file as possible. Is there a way to purge unused information?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

still has no data. use the file/backup entire plan option

Okay I was able to get is small enough to upload. I have attached it to my original post. Please let me know if it works. Thanks!

Took a quick look at your plan but need more info to help. Like where's the parking lot? And does it need to slope -8 feet? or inches to -146 feet? or inches? (I can see its inches..).The only way I can make sense of terrains is with elevation regions and terrain breaks. Have you tried them?