Archived backup file won't open. What do these messages mean?

GeneDavis

When I try to open the backup file directly from the archives folder, I get the first message I show below.

Trying to open the file (not its backup) and saying YES to the "open the newer backup" query, I get another version of the message.  Second image below?

I really need to get this file open.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 082102.png

Screenshot 2024-03-18 082206.png

42 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

When I try to open the backup file directly from the archives folder, I get the first message I show below.

Trying to open the file (not its backup) and saying YES to the "open the newer backup" query, I get another version of the message.  Second image below?

I really need to get this file open.

Screenshot 2024-03-18 082102.png

Screenshot 2024-03-18 082206.png

It sounds like the file is corrupted, do you have any other backups in your acrhive?

• Upvote 1

Yes I do but it is from three days prior.

Here are my settings for archiving.  The corrupted file is from about 8 a.m. this morning.  I worked on this plan yesterday afternoon and evening, March 17, but there are no archived files from March 17.  All I have is a backup from March 15, but the job plan file was open March 16 and March 17.  

Screenshot 2024-03-18 083152.png

If the latest file you can open is from a few days ago, you may have to rebuild it from that point. Do you have an external backup (cloud or external had drive)?

14 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Yes I do but it is from three days prior.

Here are my settings for archiving.  The corrupted file is from about 8 a.m. this morning.  I worked on this plan yesterday afternoon and evening, March 17, but there are no archived files from March 17.  All I have is a backup from March 15, but the job plan file was open March 16 and March 17.  

Screenshot 2024-03-18 083152.png

are you on a PC and is your PC using OneDrive, and if so, is your Chief archive in My Documents. If so..thats probably the cause of the issue, but also, you might be able to revert to an older version of that particular archive from onedrive online in version history