Modifying Door & Window Schedules

DHerb2014

I don't think so - maybe a macro can be used, there are smarter people that may provide a more definitive answer. I use Width and Height columns (which can be formatted for whatever number type you want) instead of a Size column:

1270091697_ScreenShot02-19-24at01_45PM.thumb.JPG.9572a0a2549236fdac08ce059013a62f.JPG

• Like 1

The simplest way would be to use the Label column in the schedule and have your window labels display the width x height in inches. 

Copy this into the window label field:    %width% x %height%

Robert(s), thanks for your comments. Both work the same way and get identical results.

Is there a way to manipulate one or more of the doors in the schedule to just show feet in lieu of inches? E.g., a very large, wide garage door 22' wide x 8' high. Can someone manipulate it this way? If not, it would display 264" x 96".

21 hours ago, DHerb2014 said:

E.g., a very large, wide garage door 22' wide x 8' high. Can someone manipulate it this way? If not, it would display 264" x 96".

The simplest way for large doors that are sized in 1foot increments is to use %width/12%' 

Notice I've added the ' designator and you'll need to uncheck Use Default Formatting to get rid of the " designator.

I don't know anything about macros but I'll offer what I do know. You can make a copy of Chief's macro "FormattedWidthNearestInch" and rename it "FormattedWidthNearestFoot"

Then edit the macro:

obj = owner

obj = referenced unless referenced.nil?

obj.width.to_ft.round

# Copyright Rabbitt Design 2024

# Initializing the NumberFormatter to format width in fractional inches
number_formatter = NumberFormatter.new
number_formatter.unit = '"' # Set the unit to inches
number_formatter.use_fractions = true # Enable fraction display
number_formatter.denominator = 16 # Set precision to 1/16th of an inch
number_formatter.show_unit = true # Ensure the unit ("in") is not automatically included

# Assuming 'width' is a publisher variable representing the width measurement
# Apply the number formatter directly to the width measurement and append the inch symbol
number_formatter.apply(width)

there is a code for you, set to eval and object base.
FYI my Pro Plan has a very complex and dynamic label for windows and doors for anyone catching this and is interested. It dynamically changes its formatting based on the layer set or size of the window, new vs existing, as well as user configurable options. Window schedule is pretty advanced too
image.thumb.png.4222247a264fe64ed90894fb2b9f53a4.pngimage.thumb.png.4e4407afed7a6249387ed6dc5a495452.pngimage.thumb.png.c6d9bb60481cdeb86d52a2d726cd2deb.pngimage.thumb.png.e9820f44ba57fac311693ac16b98eafa.pngimage.thumb.png.ddadcbe2d02b2398b48566ea79ea4831.png