Super Slow in 3D

dougbbuilders

Good Morning, I have an issue with 3D.  I have read a few threads, but I can't figure what I have check on in the past week that is causing seriously slow movement just in the 3D camera view.  I have several plans that are slow, so I don't believe that it is the plan, vs maybe RTRT.  I am unsure what I can turn off to improve my lag 

When you pull up a camera view, look at the bottom of the screen, and it should tell you how many surfaces you have in the model (i.e. Done: 146857 surfaces).  If the number goes away, just rotate the camera view, and it will come back up.  I'd be interested to see if you have a high number of surfaces in your model, which could slow things down.  You can always do a "Backup Entire Plan" to a zip file and post it.  That way we can pull up your model with your materials and see if it is model related or maybe a computer related issue if it opens fine in our systems.

image.thumb.png.3b999a4f563c779451304641cb453f15.png

9 hours ago, dougbbuilders said:

so I don't believe that it is the plan, vs maybe RTRT.

You aren't doing RTRT with an MX550 , it's not capable as it doesn't have the RTX hardware built in, ( see Prefs. > Render > Video Card Status ) and my guess is you no longer have sufficient (shared) Video Memory either so Chief is defaulting to X12's default PBR view , might be time to finally get yourself a new computer assuming you are using X15?

image.thumb.png.bf5d7ce4c1447531ade167e95ab72a12.png 

If you are using Chief Premier X15 you might want to do your Forum Signature and include your Version of Chief and Hardware etc so you don't need to supply that Info every time....

Mick.