New MacBook Pro M2

Arcadian

Hi All,

Using my new Macbook Pro M2 with Chief X15 loaded but being long in the tooth, finding difficulty accepting the slightly different format from Windows 10 which I've been using for yeeaaarrs !

So installed parallels and downloaded Windows 11 onto my Mac to operate Chief with Windows 11. is anyone else out there doing this? I tried reinstalling Chief onto Windows 11 (in windows format from my digital locker) but when trying to open on the Mac (Windows 11) I get an error message saying the graphics card isn't strong enough and won't produce 3D views. 

If I have Chief X15 installed on the Mac side, is there a way to open the program on the Windows side?

All comments and advice gratefully accepted B)

Hi, I recently went over to a new Mac Studio M1 from an old windows 10 HP PC. I downloaded the CAX15 windows version trial on my HP, the program worked but my video card did not produce the 3D camera views. It produces the 3D views with X10 though. So I just uninstalled it from my HP. I then installed the X15 trial version for Mac on my M1 Studio and it all works fine.

I am not sure why you would need to have windows 11 installed also on your MAC because CA will still open CA windows files on Mac too ?

What operating system do have installed on your M2 Macbook ?

8 hours ago, Arcadian said:

Hi MTHD, operating with M2 Pro chip, 32GB memory, 12 core.  Wouldn't have thought that would make a difference?

I would suggest that your time and effort would be better spent adapting to the different OS format. In the long run, that will make life easier.

Morning Chris, (here)

Was thinking the same thing last night. I see on your moniker that you're operating on a Mac Studio. Did you come over from Windows? or have you always been a Mac user? 

2 hours ago, Arcadian said:

Morning Chris, (here)

Was thinking the same thing last night. I see on your moniker that you're operating on a Mac Studio. Did you come over from Windows? or have you always been a Mac user? 

Haha, I've been a Mac user continuously since the little 7" monochrome screen, around '88. But I have Windows laptops and have used Windows off and on during that time. 

I may have sounded snarky, which wasn't my intention, and I don't really know what's involved with running Windows on a Mac. I know it is done but I know next to nothing about it. It just seemed to me like, why not spend that same time learning the platform? It's different but not bad... personally I vastly prefer it over Windows.  But that's an old old debate too haha.

Good luck. :)

apple-macintosh-se30-142x96.jpg

• Like 1

I used a PC for 25 years but when I retired my son talked me into purchasing a Mac. It did take a bit to understand how it works but there are thousands of “how to” Mac videos on YouTube you should be able to get up to speed quickly. (Search for MacMost on YouTube…he does great videos)

No need for parallels…Chief works flawlessly on a Mac. 

22 hours ago, Arcadian said:

Hi MTHD, operating with M2 Pro chip, 32GB memory, 12 core.  Wouldn't have thought that would make a difference?

Sometimes the very newest Mac OS can have its glitches and that’s why I am still using Ventura at present. My machine came out with Monterey installed. I am very pleased with my change to Mac, I should have done it years ago. I really like how CA works on MAC.