Raise Roof Planes

dfn001

I am trying to raise the manual drawn roof planes over a front porch.  I have the top of plate at 142 inches and want to raise the roofs 24 inches.  Using the transform replicate i enter 24 inches and the results indicate the top of plate for the two side roofs is 167 11/16".  The top of plate for the middle roof plane is 167 1/2". why are the TOPs not the same value and why not 166 inches?

Thanks,

David Niolet

CA x15 PC Windows 11

Raise Roof.plan

I have your plan and see your three roof planes at the porch, all of which have identical pitches, baseline heights, overhangs, and fascia tops.  The walls are railings with the elevation common at the top of the 4x12 top rail, that elevation being 144".

Are you talking about an issue with this plan?

Screenshot 2024-01-29 123732.png

I tried group selecting and a 24" move in the Z and got the same result for all roof planes.  But also got the odd plate height and heel height.  Try adjusting the porch ceiling to 166" and all will be as you expect.

37 minutes ago, dfn001 said:

I am trying to raise the manual drawn roof planes over a front porch.  I have the top of plate at 142 inches and want to raise the roofs 24 inches.  Using the transform replicate i enter 24 inches and the results indicate the top of plate for the two side roofs is 167 11/16".  The top of plate for the middle roof plane is 167 1/2". why are the TOPs not the same value and why not 166 inches?

Thanks,

David Niolet

CA x15 PC Windows 11

Raise Roof.plan 4.9 MB · 4 downloads

This is a good reason for just using auto build, snce you would need to raise your porch rooms height in order to achieve this.
So either raise your porch room 24" with your roof planes or set your railings to baloon through ceiling...Otherwise its using your default exterior wall to build from and that has a different size main layer from your railings