Program Paths

JKEdmo

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

Question towards Windows 11 PC Users:

A lot of my Chief program paths are directed toward my OneDrive\Documents folder.  The OneDrive folder is a special Microsoft folder used for syncing your PC to the cloud.  I turned this off on my PC because I found it problematic, but I guess Chief is still trying to use it.

I would like to repath the Chief program paths to my regular local Documents folder.  Is this doable and how?

Thanks again for your help.

Jim

image.thumb.png.e740e29025a09fa51fddb8835c1f5529.png

• Solution
18 hours ago, JKEdmo said:

I would like to repath the Chief program paths to my regular local Documents folder.  Is this doable and how?

Chief has a KB Article on how to move Chief off Cloud Services, personally I have moved Chief to C\:Chief Architect as OneDrive keeps messing up my Backups etc, as well as slowing Chief down  ( it seems to me despite 1GB internet ) and if, as in my case, OneDrive AUTO re-ables itself after a Windows Update everything in Documents gets MOVED back to the OneDrive folder again.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03132/resolving-unexpected-behavior-on-a-windows-pc-by-redirecting-the-data-folder.html

M.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Chief has a KB Article

Kbird,

Thank you for directing me to this article.  It looks like just the ticket for me.  I'll dive into it tomorrow.

I was getting a lot of material texture not found error messages and I suspect it might have to do with the OneDrive pathing.  So, I hope this will be the fix.

In general, I am pretty happy with Windows 11.  The big exception being the One Drive integration.

Jim

20 hours ago, JKEdmo said:

In general, I am pretty happy with Windows 11.  The big exception being the One Drive integration.

You and Me both , though I am beginning to hate Outlook as well , it's been driving me nuts for 6mths now .... I hate how these big company's  try to take control of everything like every computer user is a Computer User neophyte and is as dumb as a bang of hammers....

Mick.

13 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I am beginning to hate Outlook

If you're looking for an email client alternate to Outlook, check out Mozilla Thunderbird.  I'm very happy with it.

Jim