File exporting

winterdd

Hey guys, I have a builder who uses CA as a novice and does not have AutoCad to open the floor plan I exported and sent to them. They are requesting the floor plan only and not the whole 3D model of the home, which I am ok with because they want to play around with it and see if it is possible to cut down on some of the sq footage to meet my client's budget. Is there a way to even do that other than sending the plan file? Everything in CA is 3D so I do not see how this is possible. 

You can send them a DWG/DXF cad file of the floor plan that they can import into Chief if they don't have autocad.  Or you could just send them a pdf or jpg that they could open in Chief or whatever they want.

There is no way that I know of to send them a Chief plan file and not give them the whole 3D model.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DBCooper said:

You can send them a DWG/DXF cad file of the floor plan that they can import into Chief if they don't have autocad.  Or you could just send them a pdf or jpg that they could open in Chief or whatever they want.

There is no way that I know of to send them a Chief plan file and not give them the whole 3D model.

Ahh, you are very correct, I forgot about importing drawing. Thanks!