Best Virtual Reality Headset/Brand to get to use with Chief Architect

tbuck1db

I work for a small design-build firm (outside of Boston MA) and we are interested in getting VR headsets to help clients visualize and immerse themselves in the proposed models we're building. I have heard the Oculus Rift is a popular system but was curious to hear about other peoples experience / what Chief recommends and some of the different things that are possible.

Thanks!

Russell

57 minutes ago, tbuck1db said:

I work for a small design-build firm (outside of Boston MA) and we are interested in getting VR headsets to help clients visualize and immerse themselves in the proposed models we're building. I have heard the Oculus Rift is a popular system but was curious to hear about other peoples experience / what Chief recommends and some of the different things that are possible.

Thanks!

Russell

The rift is very old tech. the meta quest 3 is out. I would go with that. 

I have an HTC Vive Pro 2 that I bought specifically for arch viz work. As much as I love the Vive Pro 2, I would agree with what Rene said, however I would qualify my statement by saying that you should research the pros and cons of each device you consider to determine which is best suited to your particular needs. There are trade-offs between weight and portability v. graphics performance and comfort, the hassles of cables v. the limitations of batteries, etc. 

Before you make this investment, have you worn a headset? I have tried a few that a friend demoed to me. His company was working on AR products. Not everyone can wear a headset without freaking out. I liked it and had fun but others at the party had to take it off in a few seconds.