Show Cabinet open on floorplan, but NOT elevation

DeLayDesign

Hey Experts.

Before I reach out to @ChiefArchitect about this, I though I might try here first.

I have a client who wants me to show a specific scenario on floor plan where I extend the stile on a cabinet, but the drawer face covers it.  I've accomplished this task, but I want to show this particular drawer open so the client can see what we are proposing.  Doing so though makes the drawer open in my elevations as well.  Does anyone have a way to show it open on floor plan and closed in elevation - without drawing the lines myself?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.29d791a4329c711f71fb8aceab1ad1f6.png  image.thumb.png.5ab5fe5e6585167332c9b30fb173fba3.png

1 hour ago, DeLayDesign said:

plan and closed in elevation

Have two base cabinets in the same spot, one being in its own layer something like, "base cabinet open".  Have this one where it is not included on a schedule or have a label.  Turn one off in the view you don't want to show it in.  

1 hour ago, DeLayDesign said:

Hey Experts.

Before I reach out to @ChiefArchitect about this, I though I might try here first.

I have a client who wants me to show a specific scenario on floor plan where I extend the stile on a cabinet, but the drawer face covers it.  I've accomplished this task, but I want to show this particular drawer open so the client can see what we are proposing.  Doing so though makes the drawer open in my elevations as well.  Does anyone have a way to show it open on floor plan and closed in elevation - without drawing the lines myself?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.29d791a4329c711f71fb8aceab1ad1f6.png  image.thumb.png.5ab5fe5e6585167332c9b30fb173fba3.png

Open it in plan mode.  Do a cad detail from view and copy/block the cad work of the open cabinet and paste in place on the plan view.  Then close the cabinet so it shows correctly in your elevation view.