Iinterior Door Label Bleed Through

Gawdzira

I think the labels are showing up in standard views because some of the interior doors and windows are visible.  It's all about the glass.  In vector views it's opaque and in standard views its transparent.

You can hide them by making the windows and doors have glass that is not transparent.  You can also select each of the doors or windows that you don't want labels on and turning them off just for the camera view you are in.  It can be tricky to select them though and I usually use the delete surface tool to temporarily remove things that are in the way.

Good info Arthur. I did not consider that. But, as a standard method of drafting, this makes no sense and the behavior should be that labels show on exterior walls you can see only. I sent in the report but now I think this needs to move to suggestions if that is indeed the case.

In X7 we changed the algorithm for how we determine whether an object is visible for purpose of providing a label. Because the doors are actually visible through the glass in the standard view they are detected as being visible in the scene and so the label shows up. In the vector view the glass is opaque so those doors don't show up.

The new algorithm correctly detects a lot of cases where the old algorithm missed detecting that an item was visible in the view.

This particular case shows up a situation that seems undesirable.