Custom Cabinet Door w/ Hoop Mullions

AshleyErnest

Hello.  If this has been asked before, sorry, I did not find it.  I am trying to make a custom cabinet door with hoop mullions.  Although I am able to make square doors, anytime I add in the hoops, they get wonky.  Which setting(s) am I missing?  Never mind the crazy color scheme:

image.thumb.png.472bd89267008cb9a1aef4ead889207b.png

Hoop Mullion A.JPG

Hoop Mullion.JPG

1 hour ago, AshleyErnest said:

Which setting(s) am I missing?

To be perfect you would have to make different size door for each size of door that you needed in order to keep the stiles and rails uniform. This has to do with stretch planes and stretch zones. For this symbol to work you would need dual stretch zones which is a feature ive been requesting for years

1 hour ago, solver said:

I did this door a few years ago in response to a question. Don't remember when or how. 

271287108_ct1.thumb.png.e56436b12b74abf58aca848c731607bd.png

You are asking about muntins.

And I noticed you posted in Symbols and Content, which is where you share your symbols and content. Questions about creating symbols go in General Q&A.

Knowing what software you are using helps others provide the best answers/suggestions. Here is a thread showing how to place that info into your signature so it's always available.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/18908-signature-here-at-chief-talk/?do=findComment&comment=155662

Assuming this has the same stretching problems that the OP is asking about or did you figure something clever?

On 11/10/2023 at 9:38 AM, AshleyErnest said:

anytime I add in the hoops, they get wonky.

Aside from making separate symbols on way would be to:

make a material for the mullions set as stretch to fit. First you have to make the glass area of the material blank in a photo program then save as png

Then..

Make a custom door symbols from a wall cabinet, that is"

3/4" thick; separations set to what you need in the job; reveal set to 0;

Front is side panel inset with a slab door- use the mullion material on the frontuse a single slab door for front,

Back of cabinet also a side panel inset but a custom door symbol that is a slab 1/4" thick set Y origin for it to offset 7/16 into the cabinet. Make that glass.

I did a quickie just using your graphic to see what it would look like resized. Didn't take the time to go to photo editor but have done that in the past.

Here is how you Gothic Mullions (hoops) resize.

image.thumb.png.1854134f7fcc4be3528e5599ccd71acc.png

If you are ok with using something more "stock" than custom, Chief does offer hoop mullion doors in their Core Catalog that are ready to use.    See attached screenshot to find the doors. 

Chief Architect Core Catalogs / Architectural / Cabinet Doors, Drawers, Panels / Doors / Hoop Mullion.

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 8.24.50 AM.png

• Like 3

• 1 month later...