Dimension tool for each Plan View?

GrizzlyBear

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

I know that I can create a custom plan view with whatever layers I want visible. I know that I can create a custom layer and assign an object to that layer. I know that I can create a custom layer set and use it for any plan view. My question is about the default dimension assigned. For the sake of numbers, lets say I have 15 plan views in use. In the default dimension menu there are only 14 dimension types, so at least 2 of my 15 plan views will be using the same default dimensions. When I create/delete a dimension on one plan view that same dimension will create/delete in the other view. I may need to study plan views and layer sets a bit more, but is there a way to create a custom default dimension and assign it to a layer set? Or am I going about this whole thing wrong?

2 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

You can tie your dimension defaults to your saved plan views (along with your layer set and all of your other annotation defaults).

They actually have a whole video series about this:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/playlists/100/saved-plan-views-layers-annotations.html

Thanks Cooper. This series was actually on the agenda for bedtime tonight.

• Solution

I recommend creating a dedicated SPV for different Views needed and switching between them to perform different tasks eg Foundation Plan, Framing Plans, Demo Plans etc etc,which also include a dedicated Default Set (Anno), Layerset  and  all other Defaults (see pic below) , so that things go to the Correct Layer in different Views and one SPV's Defaults, don't accidently Overwrite another's because they Share a Layer or Default etc. 

You can duplicate any (closest to what you want) to begin and then Make new Defaults ( use Green Cross) seen below leaving the Default Set to LAST, as it will give you the Option to create a new Default Set once you start making new Defaults lower down. ( the 1st icon will become available, it's greyed out in pic below )

Mick.

image.thumb.png.2a1ef695578aad1676a9444a32eb5fa0.png

• Upvote 1