Automatic Foundation

builtright3

Ah this might help with the problem I have with "jumpy" foundation walls. More control means a better model. Curse that automation! Is there a way to change the units in the DBX to be feet and inches instead of inches? If so, I will place my next house up in the air at 100'-0" elevation. Thanks Scott for the insight.

There is a Number Style Button in the corner of a lot of DBX's where you can change some units etc. but not sure what you are trying to change

Assuming you do not use auto foundations,  and I do not.....  there is nothing that says foundation need to be on level zero. 

I did a vid on this so....  listen to this.....  if you are  not doing auto foundations,  (and maybe if you are),  there is nothing magic  (in my mind) with foundations being on level zero.  Try putting the foundation on  level 15,  or 16 or 17.  Who cares,  it is not important.

Thanks, Scott. I understand what you (and others) are suggesting. The point is well-taken.

That said -- and I know you qualified your comment by saying "maybe," -- but how might you get Chief to (auto) build the foundation on anything other than Level 0? That was really the crux of my original question regarding Perry's comment, since I do make use of the "Build Foundation" feature in Chief... and I assumed he was too.

There is a Number Style Button in the corner of a lot of DBX's where you can change some units etc. but not sure what you are trying to change

Thanks, I have seen that a million times, and overlooked it as it has not been part of the regular process.