GLOW GONE SINCE UPDATE

kwhitt

You can see the glow when the camera is perfectly perpendicular to the symbol but not at glancing angles.  Weird, as I've been using this symbol without any issues for over a year.

The little touch buttons in the lower left go in and out as well. This looks like classic "z fighting" to me, chief often has issues when two surfaces are right ontop of one another. I'm actually less surprised that it's happening and more shocked it hadn't been happening all along. But if it was fine in X15 before this last update, then maybe something they fixed ended up breaking this - you should probably send it to support.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kwhitt said:

Ever since updating V15 in the last couple of days, the glow has stopped working on this particular symbol - see images and symbol attached.  The "white lighting" on other symbols works okay.  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix?

01.jpg

02.jpg

Untitled 1.calibz 119.67 kB · 3 downloads

I think there was a fix for Mirrors in the last update?  and you can see the LED, if you turn off Reflections in the Camera Settings, it seems to be work here with Reflections OFF

anyway so it might need to goto support for a Fix ?

On.......                                                                                          Off.......

image.thumb.png.451f8722840e5b62ec466db58cf5624a.png                                  image.thumb.png.f34af80d102adc00bb8fa6a276e029cd.png

Mick.

• Upvote 1

On 8/2/2023 at 7:21 PM, TeaTime said:

The little touch buttons in the lower left go in and out as well. This looks like classic "z fighting" to me, chief often has issues when two surfaces are right ontop of one another. I'm actually less surprised that it's happening and more shocked it hadn't been happening all along. But if it was fine in X15 before this last update, then maybe something they fixed ended up breaking this - you should probably send it to support.

Teatime - thanks for the reply.  I apologize for the long delay.  I was not notified as I usually am that I had a response.  It's not Z-fighting as the light strip and control button are offset enough to avoid this. 

On 8/2/2023 at 9:23 PM, Kbird1 said:

I think there was a fix for Mirrors in the last update?  and you can see the LED, if you turn off Reflections in the Camera Settings, it seems to be work here with Reflections OFF

anyway so it might need to goto support for a Fix ?

On.......                                                                                          Off.......

image.thumb.png.451f8722840e5b62ec466db58cf5624a.png                                  image.thumb.png.f34af80d102adc00bb8fa6a276e029cd.png

Mick.

Hey Mick.  Sorry for the delay in replying.  Here again, I had no idea there was a reply.  I think this may be a bug which I will now report.  I've been using this model for at least a year with no problems.

8 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

Hey Mick.  Sorry for the delay in replying.  Here again, I had no idea there was a reply.  I think this may be a bug which I will now report.  I've been using this model for at least a year with no problems.

Check the Latest Updates PDF, I am sure there was mention of a Mirror Reflection Issue that was "Fixed" which may mean it has broken you symbol ?

Rob posted a link here to the PDF.........

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/39624-new-update-to-x15/?do=findComment&comment=298450

Mick

2 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Check the Latest Updates PDF, I am sure there was mention of a Mirror Reflection Issue that was "Fixed" which may mean it has broken you symbol ?

Mick

Thanks Mick.  I updated a day ago and just tried the symbol.  It still doesn't work.  I just reported it to Chief.

Just now, kwhitt said:

Thanks Mick.  I updated a day ago and just tried the symbol.  It still doesn't work.  I just reported it to Chief.

I meant the Fix had broken your symbol , I thought you were already on .X15.xxxx.77

PDF linked above now.........

M.

4 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I meant the Fix had broken your symbol , I thought you were already on .X15.xxxx.77

PDF linked above now.........

M.

Got you!  I was out of town this week working from my laptop and just updated my workstation at home.  Had I thought about it before updating the workstation this morning, I should have checked the symbol prior to doing so.  I'll report back on what Chief has to say...