Looking for design + engineering to complete - Washington State preferred

cfichter

Hello folks -

I've invested about a year in Chief Architect Home Designer (now up to Architect version) and after 100s of drafts, we have a home design we want to pursue further.

We have a view property in SW Washington, looking to possibly break ground by December 2023 (3-4 months).

I need assistance completing the following:

• Validate current design (attached in zip)
  • Polish and perfect all window placement, doors etc for trim
  • Discuss all materials (I have generic choices only atm)
  • Complete sun room design (you'll note I've simply framed up windows and skylights - but we want a professional sunroom)
  • electric, plumbing, HVAC and foundation (we will begin discussions with builder later this month)
  • Work with final engineering for house plan approval (may require design changes, grade/slope data on lot not finalized)

I'd like to talk with you first to get an understanding of the process, potential costs further etc.

Thanks!

Charles

3113sf_5br(1ADU)_4bath_4cargarageV2.zip

1 hour ago, jbaehmer said:

Thanks Mick for the mention!

Hello Charles.  Got your email and I sent an email back.   Would love the opportunity to talk about your project.   Feel free to call when you have a minute.

@cfichter I second @jbaehmer, he is a highly respected member of the community and his team does excellent work

Charles

My work is mostly in the Portland OR area, but I do work outside of that area as well.  I have a background in engineering and work with a Structural Engineering Firm in the Portland area that is licensed to work in Washington State.

You mention having Home Designer and now the Architect version.  I take it you mean that you are now using the Home Designer Pro program, correct?  I have both the Home Designer Pro and Premiere versions of Chief Architect and can work in either version you choose.  If everything is set up properly, most elements relating to architectural design can be moved between Premiere and HDP, that way you still have a working copy of your design.  I would recommend using CA Premiere for the construction documents.

I would be happy to talk with you regarding the list of concerns you have relating to engineering, construction, and design.  If you are interested, please reply to this thread and then we can make arrangements to talk.

Rod Cole