Recessing cabinets in wall

Larry-H

Im using x15     I added have interior walls 24" apart which allows a cavity between the walls and would like to add modified recessed cabinets 10" deep in the walls

when I do the app does not allow me to imbed the cabinets and show the full 10 " depth- instead it shows the drywall at back of the recessed cabinet at 4" ( the depth of the default wall) how do i rececess the cabinet in the wall and show it's full depth   

Untitled 2.pdf

41 minutes ago, Larry-H said:

Im using x15     I added have interior walls 24" apart which allows a cavity between the walls and would like to add modified recessed cabinets 10" deep in the walls

when I do the app does not allow me to imbed the cabinets and show the full 10 " depth- instead it shows the drywall at back of the recessed cabinet at 4" ( the depth of the default wall) how do i rececess the cabinet in the wall and show it's full depth   

Untitled 2.pdf 90.5 kB · 7 downloads

In future just share your plan file.
Cabinets do not automatically cut walls, so you need to create a cut in the wall. A passthrough window works for this.
@Chopsaw we lose the dynamics of the cabinet tool when you do that..but I know you know that :)

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

@Chopsaw we lose the dynamics of the cabinet tool when you do that..but I know you know that :)

Yes of course, there are always drawbacks to workarounds.  Some matter and some do not.   That is up to the user to decide.

I left my response open to other suggestions and someone decided to use me for target practice. :(

22 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes of course, there are always drawbacks to workarounds.  Some matter and some do not.   That is up to the user to decide.

I left my response open to other suggestions and someone decided to use me for target practice. :(

LOL I was framed!