Bad room size in component panel

adam82

Hi everyone! 

I need some help solving a material list related issue again :(

Recently I noticed, that in all of the rooms component panels the room area is incorrect. It is always 9 sq m regardless of the room real size. And there is a blue waring as well in the components panel, suggesting the same. Therefore all the materials quantities of the floor structure is miscalculated and appear with this bad value in the material list. In the example below, the room is ~ 12 sq m, and not 9 sq m as the blue notification sas so. 

image.thumb.png.d8eadd0630280d9187d32fd786acfdda.png

If I put the "%room.area.internal%" macro in a "Leader line" text box, it shows the correct value. Does anyone know what I'm missing here? How can I get the components to use the correct size?

image.thumb.png.e870c676411ae63c34076e63737f839f.png

Thank you very much !

Adam 

So not real sure why you are seeing the 9 m2 in the yellow box at the bottom, but what you are showing in the red box of .9 cu. meters is not the area. It is reporting the amount of subfloor for that room and its set to report to cubic meters in the material definition,  It is not square meters rather cubic meters which is the area x the depth of the subfloor you have set.  Two different values you are looking for.

Thank you for your answer !   According to my understanding, the 0.9 cu m comes from: 9 * 0.1 = 0.9 cu m, as the floor structure is 100 mm thick. With the real room size that should be 11.25*0.1 = 1.125 cu m. So I think if I could get CA to using the correct room size, the value in the count row would be correct as well.

1 hour ago, adam82 said:

Thank you for your answer !   According to my understanding, the 0.9 cu m comes from: 9 * 0.1 = 0.9 cu m, as the floor structure is 100 mm thick. With the real room size that should be 11.25*0.1 = 1.125 cu m. So I think if I could get CA to using the correct room size, the value in the count row would be correct as well.

Post the plan as it is most likely something in the plan file or in the wall definition that is causing the issues.  Never seen this before.

The warning states that the values are based on the "preview", which is the preview panel visible while the Room Specification dialog is open. It calculates based on 100 sq ft, or in the case of metric, 9 sq m.

image.thumb.png.f7343ffe79620c276580cb128fdfb9fa.png

Thank you guys for all your useful comments! Indeed the amount is incorrect just on the component panel, in the material list it is reported according to the real size of the room. 

Thank you again.